Thursday, September 1, 2011

qualified

My phone call with the placement officer just ended. Long story short, I am qualified to served, but that is all she could tell me. I will have to wait 2-3 more weeks for someone else to call and tell me when and where I could go. I'm looking at sometime between Jan-March 2012. By then, it would be more than a year since I applied for the Peace Corps, but who's counting..

I was looking forward to know about a location from today's conversation but it didn't happen. I am a little bit disappointed. A whole one hour of conversation and I didn't learn anything much, but it's alright, I guess. A few more weeks. Is this what it feels like to be string along by hope?

Anyway, it's still good news though, it means that I AM going to the Peace Corps, and that I will soon enough get the heck out of here to sleep on a cot somewhere else.

Too bad I have to deal with another holiday season before I leave.

1 comment: