Saturday, September 17, 2011

so. much. paper. works.

Congratulation and welcome to the Peace Corps. Here are 938479202932 more papers works for you to fill out, sign, get certify, mail in. Please take your time to complete them all, but make sure to do that in 10 days or less.

The meaningful like lesson here, kids, is that you have work hard to get where you are, but once you are there, you have to work hard to stay there. Otherwise you'll be kicked back to where you came from and second chances are rare.

Okay, I'm exasperating a bit here. After the initial "I got into the Peace Corps and going to Ghana" high, I'm facing an other mount of paper work. One more vaccination shot, one more passport application, one more essay to write, one more resume to edit, one (or a ton) more forms to sign, one more page to make copy to keep. And by one, I mean a lot. I have a headache, can ya blame me?

On the bright side. One more week until a real bed.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the October group for Ghana. We have a facebook page in case you are interested in joining and getting a head start on stuff!

    ReplyDelete