Thursday, September 1, 2011

where in the world

I didn't go to work today. My boss is out and nothing much is going on in the office, and I haven't been feeling well so I called in sick. My legs feel funny and restless.

Anyway, after the conversation with the placement officer, and even thought I learned nothing, I still couldn't help but feeling so excited. So I did some investigation (i.e: looking around Peace Corps Wiki) and found out a few things.

a. If I am fortunate enough to leave in January, and to Africa, I will have the Gambia, South Africa or Zambia as my options.

b. If not January, Madagascar, Malawi, Senegal, and Morrocco are also viable Africa options

c. If it's French specific, then it will be between Madagascar, Senegal and Morrocco, and they all have late Feb or early March departure dates. Shit, I don't want to wait that long.

d. Jamaica is also an option, but it's not Africa or French speaking, and it's a March date.

e. I could leave as early as Jan 4th or as late as March 19th

It's a 50 percent chance that I will be in Africa with my program and 1 percent chance of Asia. lol. I guess Asians people don't like talking about AIDS (it's true, they don't). Seven possible options. Though I would love to use my 7 years knowledge of French, shit, I will take any place, and even bring my own mosquito net.

2 comments:

  1. dude all those places seem awesome!! hehe i feel a trip to visit you would def need to happen :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Totally love all of your options, super jealous!

    ReplyDelete