Saturday, September 10, 2011

single female needs place to live

Holy shit, it's raining in the valley. In the middle of September, with thunder and everything. Another pleasant surprise. This week is getting out of control.

Of course compare to places like Seattle or Boston, this means less than nothing since sunshine is a rare concept there, but in this god forsaken 112 degree at 4 in the afternoon and sunshine all the fucking time valley, it's a pretty fucking chill thing for it to rain. Pun entirely intended.

Of course it only lasted for a good hour and now the sun is out again and the neighbor kids are all out and about and screaming their heads off. Fucking children. Shouldn't they be inside learning math or something? School started last week. Don't they have homework? Fucking kids. Go read a book, damn.

Thus is why I am seeking for a new place to live. Until I leave for PC that is. It's not that hard to leave my current place (my parent's couch) to find something that suits me better (a bed). After Vietnam, I only intended to stay at my parents for about 3 weeks. It's been more than 3 months now. It's definitely time. Especially since now I have an idea of when I will get out of here.

For various reasons, finding a roommate in college was so easy, and I always end up with amazing roommate (which the few exceptions of course). Which makes this entire process of combing craigslist for normal/sane/non-creepy people the more shitty. I just need a place to live. A room with four wall would be nice. A place to park my car, to put my plastic container of clothes and sleep at night. That's it. And maybe a fridge because I like cold water, then that's it. I have spent years sleeping on couches and cots, I am not picky. But noo, it's not that easy.

I hate LA. Everything is so fucking expensive, and so is the living. Furnished? Okay. Utilities included? Yes please. Almost 500 bucks to share a studio with you and your dog/cat/both? Hmm... You are a 45 years old male who prefers that I work in the modeling industry? What. the. fuck? Male seeking female roommate only to share a bed and save money? Are you fucking serious?

Where can normal people go to look for a place to live around here? The internet is such a scary place. What did people use to do before this?

1 comment:

  1. lol. they used this thing called the newspaper. good luck finding a place! congrats on the pc news!

    ReplyDelete