Sunday, August 28, 2011

rant #15

Do people become less open minded, or just less open as they get older? When and how does one's life lose its elasticity and become rigid and set?

I don't know how to put it, but being one of the youngest/ and single person at my work place, sometime I find myself so out of place. People who are just a few years older than me are ready to settle down, or those who are settled down are content and even those who aren't content or settled down show acceptance of their current set up.

I don't get it.

And domestication. What's that all about? 

My family is not the source of my happiness. Maybe I am just too two dimensional and unable to detect the underlying bliss that I'm supposed to feel at the end of the day that would make me want to have my own someday.

I feel out of place because when I speak of bigger things, they aren't always shared. Does happiness have to end with a family, a house with white picket fence and 2.5 kids?

1 comment:

  1. you know thats a woman's duty. don't bring shame to the family!

    ReplyDelete