Saturday, August 27, 2011

Today was aiight.

First drop I couldn't believe in my eyes. Second drop I was surprised. Third drop I held my breath. One drop, two drops, and more drops, I lost count and was getting my hope up. That's it, keep going, excitement rushed over me, don't rush, take your time. Let's make this last, I negotiated, to whom I wasn't sure, but I did anyway. Countless drops started to come down, hitting against my windshield. Little beads of water spread all over the glass. No wipers, not yet, let's savor this moment, I thought. But then that was it, I looked up. No sign of continuation.Gone as quickly as it came and equally unpredictable. My hope evaporated. It was still going to be another sunny day. Yet for a minute there, I was happy, when the sky sneezed and revived my hope for rain.

Dear higher power being, who/where-ever you are.

Please. please. please let this work out for me. I know you and I don't often see eye to eye on everything/anything. Sometime you just let it happen that things happen to me, and other times, I let things happen and blame you. But this time, please let's set aside our differences and ignore Murphy's law and have this Peace Corps work out for me. The health placement officer contacted me today,  so please let our conversation next week go quickly, and I know my assignment and get my ass up and out of here.

We both know that I am not meant to be here, nor do I want to be here. That is might just another test of life, or a lesson that you are trying to get me to learn (whatever that is). Either way, I'm dealing with it and coping to my best ability. Still, it would be awesome if I could find out where I will be for 27 months. Soon.

Can't wait for next week. Yeahhhh Peace Corps Health Placement call.

No comments:

Post a Comment