Sunday, February 5, 2012

mothers always cry

The worst thing about saying goodbye to someone is when one party gets emotional. Voice breaking, shoulder shaking, tear spilling. A very disheartening sight really.

This morning, my family got up at 5am so we can have me make my 8am flight, my mom cried when we said good bye as she told me to don't forget to have my meals regularly. I knew that it was gonna happen, but I couldn't prevent it. Last night, I said good bye to my grandparents. My grandma teared up as she told me to be careful and don't forget to eat. I didn't see it coming and didn't know how to make her stop.

Knowing that someone cares is a lovely feeling, seeing that they care so much that they cry feels almost like guilt. Watching my mother and grandmother trying to hold back their tears make me feel like I have just gone and broke their hearts.

27 months is a long time, but I will be back soon. Please don't worry.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha i remember you talking about your mom's phone calls freshman year, always making sure you were eating. too bad your grandma didnt give you any rice to take with you...

    only if nicole could eat 2 bags =)

    --Megan

    ReplyDelete