Tuesday, June 7, 2011

another week is here, and Great Britain.

I got offered a job position at a school, but it doesn't start until this upcoming Fall. Crap. I need something NOW.

Oh, and I didn't end up getting/winning the Kindle on eBay. People got really 'aggressive' later and it was bought for almost 190 bucks. I guess it's a good deal since it comes with the cover, but eh, I didn't think it was worth it.

I have to head down to San Diego again this up coming week to really get the last of my Medical demands together and hopefully send them in. The good thing is at least I am in direct contact with a Medical Nurse and she's (not so promptly) answering all my questions. Every time I hear from her, my hope to leave is revived, and I'm excited about PC again. I am also happy to have any excuse to head for SD. Granted that I was kind of in a sad rut my last few months there, I still like it more than LA. Just being there lifts my mood up.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can about this whole situation. I don't really like being at my parents very much. I have tried to avoid this scenario for a really long time, and it really is by a miscalculation that I am here. I will risk sounding dramatic and say I'm hanging on by a thread. It all narrows down to the fact that I'm too liberal and they're not down for it. Surprise? Maybe only with my brother. He likes Texas, I didn't see that coming.

fabulous casting job, everyone
Been spending my time rewatching Coupling the UK version. If Friends is like watermelon, then Coupling is like mochi green tea ice cream for me, slightly foreign but just as refreshing, delicious and always leave me wanting more. Steve Moffat (same writer for the Office) is simply brilliant. I love British comedies for the subtle, slightly dark but always true nature of their humor. This show is seriously slap of the knee laugh out loud oh man it's so true kind of way. It was adapted to a US version but the casting sucked and was canceled only after 4 episodes. I had to see for myself how bad the US version was, and man, it's like UK version is yummy GummyVites and the US version is the shitty chalky hard Flinstone ones that I used to have to endure when I was a kid. It's all the same jokes, and maybe it's the British accents, I don't know, but the UK casts are seriously fan-tabulous. The sad thing is thing is that there are only 4 seasons and British television has shorter episodes than US, so there would be only 6-7 episodes per season. Even though I know it's never going to happen, but somewhere in my heart, I am hoping for a reunion show.

Another down side is that watching the show makes me really miss England.

Also British, I just downloaded and now listening to Adele's albums. Brilliant.

1 comment:

  1. dude 190 for a kindle with cover so not worth it. unless its that lighted cover and even then its like ehhh.

    ReplyDelete