Tuesday, January 18, 2011

living by the clock

For about 3 weeks now I've been getting up either before 6 or 8am to go to work. That's right, after 6 months of slumping around, I finally found a "time card clock" job. Tutoring really doesn't count for me because I "work" 2 hours a week.

Anyhow, it's a job that doesn't need a college degree. Hell, I'm pretty sure it doesn't even need a high school degree, but at this point, I can't be picky now, can't I? All I think about during my 8 hours shift 4-5 times a week is that I can not wait for March to come. I only have one more month of rent to pay and whatever money I make from bagging sandwiches will go straight to this (sort of) 10 years in the making trip. It's not like I wouldn't go if I didn't have this job, but earning a few extra bucks doesn't hurt, and it makes my days feel a little less pointless.

Cuba Gallery: Retro time clock cat

No comments:

Post a Comment