Tuesday, January 4, 2011

flight again

My heart beats fast, and my body is tingling with excitement. My head is rushed, and I feel like jumping.

No, I did not just do a line of coke, but I did just book a ticket for a month and a half in Vietnam.

I've been thinking about/wanting to go on this trip for the longest time. At first I was waiting for my mom to cave and go with me so she could pay for me too (haha) but it's been a few years now and the woman hasn't budged so I'm going with the "sisters are doin' it for themselves" route and putting the damage on my credit card.

Originally I was going to get off my ass and head to South East Asia for 6 months or so, volunteer and traveling so I don't mope around like a sad puppy getting butt hurt over every little things about life, but some changes arose so I had to cut my plan short. Of course I still have not told my mom yet, maybe when I need a ride to the airport...

I was going to wait until mid January or later to buy my ticket after I sort through my physicals and dental stuff but apparently good flight deals don't last very long, especially after New Year. For months, I was eyeing this awesome flight deals from STA for 957 bucks (a real good deal to Asia, especially Vietnam) but as of Jan 2nd that didn't exist no more. So after the initial stages of anger/panic/regret, I poked around a bit more and found an other deal from Air China through Vayama. The price is even cheaper than the other one but I wouldn't say it's a better deal since apparently Air China is like the American Airlines of... well, airlines, crappy services, long delayed hours such as 13 hours flight gap in Beijing.

Well, I pondered about it for a day and decided that I couldn't pass it up so I jumped on it, and here we are. I guess I'll be packing some books and pirated movies to pass the times. I'm trying to see if I could get around to check out Beijing for a little bit but apparently the Chinese government is tough about people wandering around their country. Who knew?

The departure date is 2 weeks later than I have intended, good thing I've just recently found a minimum wage mindless labor job to occupy my time. At least I'll make a few bucks to spend on cheap Vietnamese street food. Down side is, I probably will have to couch surf/commute during that two weeks because I'll be homeless by then.

*the above pic is from my first out of the state flight ever to Costa Rica in March 2009. I didn't have window seat, but still caught a cool pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment