Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Octobers are always bad.

Remember when I said that this October has been relatively handle-able and expected a quiet end to October?

Yeah well, I guess I spoke too soon. Since this weekend I managed to lost my phone and locked myself out of the laundry room without a key to get in while my clothes were still in the dryer. I thought the big bang of bad luck this year would be the food poisoning thing but it turned out to be this. Oh well, I wasn't too crazy about that phone anyway. Let's just hope that the naked pictures I took of myself aren't gonna come back later to haunt me when I'm important/rich and famous later.

Just kidding, I don't have naked pictures. Just in case someone took me seriously, it's so hard doing sarcasm through text.

So beside the disability of not knowing what time it is, I am glad to report that life isn't falling apart because I am without a cell phone. How transcendentalism is that? It's as if I'm totally living Walden. (Again, sarcasm)

Moving on... the last three months of the year, for me, is always the longest with the most annoying holidays, Thanksgiving, XMas, happiness and commercialized life style overload, ugh, whatever.  The downside is, this year seems like it's going to be extra hard to endure because I am so much closer in proximity to my family than ever and all I want is for January to come so I can quit my job and pack my bags. Looking forward to something sucks. The upside? I hear there are great shopping deals around these time on a certain Friday.

I have spent a quiet amount of time on the interweb researching about what I need to bring for Ghana, and finalized them down to a list, so there is definitely going to some serious spending this next two months. If I'm not already broke enough now, I will for sure be broke then.

Some (very few) of my friends asked me if there were anything I would like for them to buy for me, and under normal circumstances, I would say preach a Destiny's Child song and say, I buy my own shitz!, but the fact is, I could totally use the help and would love to have something to think of them when I'm away, so I crafted a Wish List on Amazon. So if anyone feels generous, you are welcome to check out my list. You can even engrave your names on the stuff so I can be permanently in your debt and never forget it.

1 comment:

  1. why do you want a ukelele?? do you play?? lol thats so random...

    ReplyDelete