Wednesday, May 25, 2011

gloom

My immediate future is looking bleak.

The government as decided to cut some of PC's budget and some programs are no longer available, and for those that are, the completion process might actually take longer than usual.

My instinct is telling me that I might not make it to Africa as soon as I hope... or at all. Reading all the current and pass PC blogs, it seems that I might even have to wait longer for this departure date if that happens.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but fuck...

It's been almost a year since I've gotten out of college. I'm starting to really feel like a complete failure now at this point. I want to pack my bags and travel again, but I don't think that's will sit well at all with my parents. The pressure of "what are you going to do?" and "what are your plans?" are really pushing down on me. At this point, in their eyes, I'm pretty much good for nothing because I don't have a job and making money. I have been applying at places again after a hiatus, but the same trend is happening. I'm starting to real question my market value. Why am I not selling?

The high of my 1.5 month in Vietnam is wearing off, too soon. I don't want to go back to the sad pathetic self I was before I left, but at this rate, I am afraid I might be. I'm just living one day at a time right now, waiting for today to finish so tomorrow can come and hopefully brings me some good news.

This is definitely not what I expected to see myself five years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment