Monday, July 25, 2011

my little spare time

It's time to be grateful.

If I were to be paying rent instead of living at home, I wouldn't be able to spend that money on loans repayment, or gas, or miscellaneous pleasuries like my Kindle or that cute pair of sunglasses or the trip to Disney Land with my friends or the massive sushi meals with my other friends. So yes, I'm starting to feel grateful for this couch and the free food.

I have been wondering/expecting to be enlighten or at least, let in the known, of the reason for my staying here. The reason in which I am stuck in LA rather than flying out to Africa somewhere, and I guess I have found it.

In embracing the "everything happens for a reason attitude and life style" I have learned how to deal and even accept my current situation. I also could understand how people would turn to religion during hard time and somehow ease through through the most difficult part of life. In telling myself that everything will makes sense, eventually, I am forced... no, motivated to keep on going (or swimming, if you're Dory) until I see/stumble upon the answer.

As must as I struggle against it, my living in LA keeps me close to my family, reminding me that I am not just living for myself, I have my family to live for as well. And as much as I try to avoid and forget that responsibility, it's there, and so instead of fighting it, I might as well just accept it and compromise.

And it actually isn't that bad to give in a little sometime.

That or the Stockholm Syndrome is kicking in.

Anyhow, I have got news!

Peace Corps contacted me some weeks ago asking if I still wanted to be a part of the program as they haven't heard from me in a while (because I've been waiting to get my medical files cleared). If I still want to go, it's likely that I won't leave until January 2012.

Well, at this point, that sounds pretty good for me. BAI (my job) is liking me a lot, and I probably will have a position there with them until I don't want to anymore, (unless they're lying to me and kicking my ass out at the end of the summer, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.) The empty void is slowly being filled with work's daily routines and laughters.

I'm not too crazy about the working world. I barely have time to do anything else, like studying for GRE, or day dreaming, or sleeping in. Though I have vowed to no miss the 9 months that I did nothing but gloomed around all day, I do have moments in which I wish I could just sit and ponder all day. Still, I'd rather be this busy than being back where I was then. Pay day is this week!

In fact, I have been so busy, I have no time to blog. So many pictures and stories are waiting in the back of my head ready to be told but no times to put them down in text form. Coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. finally a new post! glad to hear you appreciating your family time and that free rent. haha. you didn't tell me about the peace corp but i bet you just wanted to see who reads your blog and knows the news huh? hahah. congrats!

    ReplyDelete